The appeal of the Insurance Ombudsman
Dear visitors of the Insurance Ombudsman's website!
Welcome to our website!
An insurance ombudsman is an individual who is independent in his/her activity and who settles disputes:
1) between insurance organizations arising on issues of compulsory and voluntary insurance;
2) between policyholders (insured, beneficiaries) and insurance organizations arising from insurance contracts.
The Insurance Ombudsman is guided in its activities by the following principles:
1) equality of the parties;
2) objectivity and impartiality in making decisions by the insurance ombudsman;
3) compliance with the secrecy of insurance and other secrets protected by law;
4) observance of the rights and respect for the legally protected interests of the parties;
5) transparency and validity of the decision-making procedure.
When making decisions, the Insurance Ombudsman is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the terms of concluded contracts.
The decision of the Insurance Ombudsman on disagreements between insurance organizations is mandatory for insurance organizations.
The decision of the Insurance Ombudsman on disagreements between the policyholder (insured, beneficiary) and the insurance company is mandatory for the insurance company if it is accepted by the policyholder (insured, beneficiary).
Consideration of disputes by the insurance Ombudsman is carried out free of charge.
Yakovenko Igor Alekseevich